1. Turn on both the TV and set-top box (STB).
2. On the STB, press the POWER, SELECT, and MENU buttons in quick succession. A setup screen should then appear on the TV within a few seconds.
3. Using the up/down cursor buttons, move the cursor arrow down to 4:3 OVERRIDE.
4. Using the left/right cursor buttons on the STB, select the resolution desired: OFF, 480i, 480p, or STRETCH. Selecting OFF leaves the resolution at what was selected for the HDMI output. Selecting STRETCH stretches the picture to fit the 16:9 screen, upconverted to the selected HDMI resolution.
5. Press the POWER button to return to normal operation.
6. Note that changing the resolution setting in the Verizon on-screen guide using the remote control will re-set the 4:3 resolution and disable the STB override setting.
Written by Cathy Leinbaugh - Don McDade
Last updated on 03.30.08